Friday, April 12, 2013

Good Eats Friday - Yellowfinn

Last night Andrew and I had a date night - alone. It was so nice to to enjoy each other and not have to worry if Charlotte was going to start crying or need a diaper change. I loved being able to give my husband all my attention. I'll be honest, after dinner we went to a children's clothing store to buy Lottie a sun hat...Andrew told me he missed her already :)


We went to Yellowfinn for dinner. We have been wanting to try this place out ever since we moved to Salt Lake, yet we are just getting around to it! The atmosphere is lovely, the service was great and the guys making your sushi are awesome.


For an appetizer we ordered the tuna tostadas. How cool do these look?

Gyoza chips topped with spicy tuna, flying fish eggs, green onions, avocado, cilantro and wasabi mayo

These were so good. And the fish eggs are really that bright green color! You wouldn't expect to eat tostadas at a sushi restaurant, now would you? That's one thing we love about Yellowfinn, they have a unique twist on Asian food that separates it from other sushi bars.

Cinco De Mayo - tempura shrimp, avocado, jalapeno and spicy mayo topped with tuna, lime juice, cilantro, Siracha and eel sauce.

Chuck Norris - tempura shrimp, crab and jalapeno topped with hamachi and avocado.
Haole - coconut shrimp, pineapple, jalapeno and sweet chili-lime sauce.
We wanted to try rolls that we completely different from what we usually get at sushi restaurants. The Cinco De Mayo was my favorite. It was spicy and super delicious! Andrew wanted to get the Chuck Norris mainly because of the name [insert Chuck Norris joke here] and the sauce that it was served with was very good. The Haole was ordered as an afterthought, it was something completely different than we have ever tried. It was a sweet roll which I have never had, and the sweet chili sauce complimented it perfectly. Side note: our waitress told us that Haole is actually a derogatory term for white boy, ha ha! Yellowfinn is one of our new favorites. I can't wait to go back when it's a bit warmer and eat on the patio!

Yellowfinn Sushi Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I wish I was a sushi person because it always so delicious, but I just don't enjoy it :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a sushi person either and every time I take Travis out for sushi I always try it. No bueno! I may have to take him here though, he would love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading your comments! They make my day :)