Friday, July 5, 2013

Good Eats Friday - R&R BBQ

Andrew and I love a good barbeque place, and I think we may have found our new favorite. As soon as we walked in the general manager greeted us and so did the delicious smell! As we were placing our order the manager introduced us to one of the owners, Roger, of R&R BBQ. He and his twin bother, Rod, own the joint together and they are definitely doing something right! R&R BBQ is currently ranking #1 on Urbanspoon and they have received so many awards in just the 90 days they have been open. Honestly, it's not much of a surprise considering how juicy and tender their meats are.

One of the many things that separates R&R from other barbeque restaurants is the amount of meat you receive with your meal. I feel like most other places you have a few bites of meat or just enough to put on a roll to make a sandwich, but not here, we had so much food we had leftovers for the next day. They don't skimp on the sides either, which is a good thing because they are also delicious. So if you are in the Salt Lake area and looking for good barbeque, head to R&R BBQ and give me a call and I will gladly come along!

R & R BBQ chalkboard

R&R BBQ three meat plate
pulled pork, chicken, brisket and mac & cheese
R&R BBQ pulled pork and hush puppies
pulled pork and hush puppies

R&R BBQ Salt Lake City
post signature

R and R Barbeque on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. Hi
    New follower! This looks so good! I enjoyed reading this post!
    Please check out my newest project:
    http://hellolovelyawards.blogspot.com
    I would love to see your nominations.

    Love and Blessings,
    Lace

    www.lacymeeker.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so funny b/c we actually strongly disliked R&R when we went in recently: The brisket was dry and the pulled pork sandwich was rather uneventful :(. What you got, however, looks good, so maybe it was just beginner's "un-luck"? Oh well...

    Know of any other good local BBQ places and steakhouses? We're looking for like big juicy steaks and burgers, and even though this is UT and not TX or TN, I KNOW there just has to be a GREAT place somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good barbecue place. Unfortunately, we just don't have any local. I have to get my fill when we go down south to visit family.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading your comments! They make my day :)