Friday, August 2, 2013

Good Eats Friday - Pizzeria Limone

I know, I know, you've all heard of this great place (okay, maybe you haven't because it's only in Utah) but I went to Pizzeria Limone for my first time recently and it did not disappoint. I apologize for the blurry food pictures below, we were quite hungry and probably had the low blood sugar shakes ;)

pizzeria limone


viola pizza
^^ viola - house marinara, prosciutto, blackberries, five cheeses, pistachios, basil
margherita pizza
caprese - olive oil base, garlic, red onions, five cheeses, sliced tomatoes, balsamic glaze, basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar
 I love some good caprese and the pizza was so good. I also loved how sticky the balsamic vinegar was, it didn't run all over your food, and trust me, I scooped up all the surrounding vinegar. No wastefulness here, especially when it comes to good food.

Andrew ordered the Viola and at first I was a little weirded out by the thought of blackberries on pizza, but it was good! We chickened out on the Limone though, I'm sure it's good, especially if the entire restaurant is named after it, but still, lemons on pizza?

Our friends ordered the Pera and Verdure and both really enjoyed them. I snuck a piece of the Pera, I am definitely a fan of pears on pizza thanks to CPK. But we're not talking about CPK here, these are two quite different places!

You served us well Pizzeria Limone and earned some new fans. And if you go, get the crosta formaggi as a starter, you won't be disappointed.

Pizzeria Limone on Urbanspoon

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Yummy!!! I'm adding this to my list of places to try :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading your comments! They make my day :)