Friday, August 23, 2013

Good Eats Friday - Sushi Groove

I love finding new restaurants and I love sushi, Sushi Groove did not disappoint! For my birthday dinner my only request was sushi and we've been meaning to try this place for a month or so. The atmosphere is so fun with a DJ playing good music and a lot of bright artwork.

We sat at the bar where we could watch our sushi chef make our food. Sushi is such a work of art and so neat to watch being made. They have all sorts of rolls: riceless, vegi, fresh cuts, tempura. Sushi Groove also offers salads, rice bowls and ceviche. All of our rolls and dessert were so good. Our dessert, The Cookie Challenge, included deep fried Oreos, which you think would be heavy and full of grease (kind of like the ones at the fair) but Sushi Groove knows how to deep fry Oreos, they were like puffy little heaven clouds! We love everything about this place and can't wait to go back!




^^ the cookie challenge: chocolate macadamia nut ice cream, fried oreos and fried nutter butters

Sushi Groove on Urbanspoon

post signature

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that place!! I used to be quite a regular there. And then I moved, booo. Mmmm, I'm drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love sushi and that dessert looks amaaaazing!!
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely check these guys out on $2.50 Tuesdays. All (two piece orders) of Nigiri are $2.50, its a crazy bargain for quality sushi!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading your comments! They make my day :)