Friday, January 31, 2014

Good Eats Friday - Cafe Guanaco

Andrew found this little hole in the wall restaurant for us to try on one of our date nights. I will be honest, I was a bit skeptical at first, but I should really learn from my experiences - hole in the wall places tend to have the best food! Cafe Guanaco does not disappoint. The owner was so kind and the food is made fresh after your order. This is real Latin American food right here, and it is oh so good!

pupusas, horchata and a passionfruit drink

Andrew ordered the Carne Asada (grilled steak)

I had the Pollo Encebollado (onion baked chicken)
We loved our meal. We had so much food and had delicious leftovers the next day! A few standouts from Cafe Guanaco: their horchata. It was unlike any horchata we had ever drank before. Salvadorian horchata is apparently different from other horchatas as it is made with canteloupe melon seeds - it is delicious. Next, the refried beans and rice. At your typical Mexican or Latin American restaurant you might get some beans and rice that have little to no taste, or not a good taste at all. At Cafe Guanaco Andrew and I wished we had more refried beans and rice! It was so flavorful and not bland in the least bit. We will be returning!

Cafe Guanaco on Urbanspoon

post signature

2 comments:

I love getting and reading your comments! They make my day :)