Friday, February 14, 2014

Good Eats Friday - Gourmandise

For our anniversary breakfast Andrew found this sweet little bakery called Gourmandise. I'd heard great things about it and he passed it often while at work, he surprised me by taking us there! The first thing you see when you walk in are several glass cases full of breads, pastries, cookies, you think a bakery should have it? They've got it! We found secluded little corner and our waitress brought us our menus. First, we decided we wanted everything they listed, and second, we were surprised at how affordable it was, so maybe we could get everything.....But no, we decided our waistlines wouldn't thank us for doing that.

We ordered Charlotte a blueberry muffin and it was the most amazing muffin I have ever had in my life. Andrew and I were trying so hard to let her have it to herself, but it was just too good. Andrew had the Bonjour Breakfast Panini, scrambled egg, ham, roasted red pepper, melted muenster cheese on crisp ciabatta bread. I ordered the Cinnamon Bread Sensationale which is grilled cinnamon bread topped with amaretto whipped cream and fresh berries. When our plates arrived we envied the other's choice and switched halfway through. Gourmandise is now our favorite breakfast stop!



Is your mouth watering from these photos? I want it all over again! A few other menu items that caught our eye and will have to be saved for another time:

Creme Brulee Oats
Cheese Pocket (sounds weird, but it's a pastry filled with sweet cream cheese topped with struesel and powdered sugar)
Spinach Feta Croissant

I can't name any more without my stomach growling! And those are just breakfast items! They've got cannolis, fruit tarts, cookies the size of your face, macarons and macaroons...I will be back!

Gourmandise on Urbanspoon

post signature

1 comment:

  1. The Cinnamon Bread Sensationale photo is what's tempting me the most!! Wow that looks amazingly good!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading your comments! They make my day :)